West Seattle Junior Football & Cheer have great coaches, but we could always use more. We welcome anyone who has the desire and commitment to make a positive impact on the youth in our community. If you’re interested in coaching, review the five requirements below and contact us.
- Commit to the Wildcats program and philosophy.
- Pass the background check.
- Read and sign this Coach's Code of Conduct.
- Register and attend NJFL Certification Training.
- Complete the online USA Football Tackle Coach Certification course.
More info about each requirement is below.
Committing to the Program
Our programs require coaches to run the same offense and defense at every level. We have a strict coach conduct policy; there's absolutely no profanity on the field. All coaches need USA Football certification and need to adhere to USA Football practice guidelines. Our coaches do this because they want to, not because they have to.
The background check is the first step of the process. It is conducted by NJFL. PeopleTrail is the company conducting the checks.
The background check info goes to the NJFL Executive board who determines if a coach passes the check.
The adjudication used is the USA Football standard and flags any felony, violent crime, drug related crime, sexual related crime, or crimes involving a minor.
Coach's Code of Conduct
Each coach signs the Code of Conduct. Our coaches hold each other accountable, and this is point of pride for our franchise.
NJFL must attend a certification meeting where they learn league rules and expectations. Below are the links to the RSVP form for the upcoming NJFL Coaches Clinics. Tickets are limited to one per person. (To prevent franchises booking blocks of tickets, reservations with identical email addresses will be deleted.)
USA Football Online Training
Youth Coach Certification
New this year, certifications will be flag and tackle specific. Coaches completing the certification for the first time will complete our Level 1 flag or tackle certification, while returning coaches will be automatically assigned to take the Level 2 flag or tackle recertification. Coaches can access the certification by following the steps below or by referencing the attached instructions.
- Go to USA Football Youth Certification
- Click "Learn More" under either Flag or Tackle Certification.
- Click on "Get Certified"
- Click "Continue to Payment"
- Type in promo code:
- Tackle Promo Code: WSWILDCATSTACKLE23
- Flag Promo Code: WSWILDCATSFLAG23
- Click "Update Price"
- Click "Sign Up For Course!"
- Start CertificationMembershipBefore starting their certification, coaches should consider becoming a USA Football Coach Member. This includes both the Tackle and Flag Certification, Youth Tackling & Contact System, full access to USA Football Community, monthly coaches notes, and more. The cost to become a Coach Member is $40
If you have any problems, contact Jacob Letourneau at USA Football 913.954.1408 or email at email@example.com.